The ARVC Risk Calculator estimates the risk of ventricular arrhythmias (VA) within 5 years for patients with a definite ARVC diagnosis. Please read all definitions below carefully, as well as our general disclaimer, to avoid invalid interpretation of results.
This calculator provides 1-, 2- or 5-year risk estimations for:
All patients with definite ARVC:
– Risk of fast sustained VA (only VT >250bpm; VF; SCA/SCD)
Primary prevention patients only, i.e. those without prior sustained VA:
– Risk of the first sustained VA (including all types)
– Risk of the first sustained VA, adjusted for programmed ventricular stimulation (PVS) results
– Risk of first sustained VA predicts only the first event, in case of prior sustained events these predictions are not valid and users should ignore these results.
– The calculator is designed to provide predictions based on the clinical characteristics of ARVC patients at time of their diagnosis (as per 2010 TFC).
– Caution should be exercised when interpreting the result for pediatric patients <14 years of age, patients with non-classical (RV-dominant) ARVC, and carriers of pathogenic variants in less prevalent genes (e.g. TMEM43, DSP, etc)
For more detailed information read our disclaimer, the sustained VA model publication at European Heart Journal, the fast VT/VF/SCA model publication at Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, and the PVS adjusted model publication at Circulation.
Problems with the calculator? Contact us
This work was made possible by the following programs and institutions: